English Ministry Pastor
OCM Canaan Church of Princeton is one of the eight (8) sister churches of Oversea Chinese Mission (OCM) serving New York and New Jersey area. It is a non-denominational community church with a Chinese and an English ministry serving the Greater Princeton area of New Jersey. Our English-Speaking ministry is currently a small congregation composed of around 10-15 individuals including children, youth, and adults. There is need to rebuild and relaunch English-Speaking ministries. Our mission is to introduce Jesus Christ to our community through worship, discipleship, teaching, and counseling.
Ministry Position Description
The Pastor/ Minister works interdependently alongside with Deacon’s Board in pastoral and administrative functions for various areas of church ministries. He will also work closely with the English Ministry Deacon in planning, implementing, and evaluating the English Ministry and to execute the vision and mission of the English Ministry.
Candidate Duties and Responsibilities
The position is responsible mainly for preaching God’s Word on Sunday, teaching Bible based Sunday school, overseeing weekday bible study or fellowship and developing new leaders. The successful candidate will be involved in leading and organizing various outreach programs. He is to:
- counsel and care for members.
- evaluate various English ministries and propose different approaches to grow the congregation.
- consult with Chinese pastor, and work alongside with English Ministry Deacon, as necessary to continue to guide and lead the church to fulfill the vision and mission of the Church.
- proactively meet, and greet, visitors and promote bonding among congregants.
- work alongside with Chinese Ministry pastor in preparing of deacon meetings.
- participate in committees as appointed, or as necessary, to support various church initiatives.
- Agreement with OCM Canaan Church’s Faith statement in Church Constitution, vision, and missions
- Meets all the character qualifications of deacons as stated in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Has a passion to shepherd and care for the English congregation and to grow the ministry
- Experience in ministry developing, mentoring, and coaching leaders
- Able to teach and preach biblically-based messages
- Supported by a wife who encourages him to serve the church freely and joyously, but walks the tension of managing his family well (1 Tim 3:5)
- Personable who enjoys people and adapting to the needs of ministry wherever that leads him
- Self-starter who actively pursues ministry and people, rather than passively awaiting instructions
- Experience in addressing complex challenges
- Master’s degree in Divinity school or equivalent for Pastor position
For more information, or send resume to EMAIL
OCM Canaan Church of Princeton
826 Village Rd West
Princeton Junction, NJ 08550